Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HYC update

The official weigh in...I have not gained. Well, maybe a pound max, but it's harder to tell on a dial scale (My digital went wonkers and I got rid of it). I can't believe it. The only thing I can think is that I'm not eating the amounts I used to. I have moments of pigging out, like with buttered popcorn at the movies or sometimes chips and salsa. But, for the most part I'm not compulsive eating like I used to. The problem is that I don't want to be on a maintenence plan just yet...I want to lose weight. So, I will be watching food. I'll be honest, I don't have the time again this week to even blog, much less exercise. I'm kind of behind on my course and research...so I'm working at all times. Ugh. But, I can do something about my food.

What helps is that the hubby is all excited about eating meats at home. Sounds funny, but let me explain. For the past couple months I would make food for myself (healthier), and he would make like frozen pizza or something like that for himself. He just didn't like the food I was cooking, and I don't blame him for not wanting to eat it. My main concern was that even though he's not very much overweight, I want both of us to be healthy. How can I torture, I mean live with him into old age unless he gets healthier too? Now we've been getting ready made meals or loafs of meat. Like pot roast dinner for the crock pot, or seasoned loafs of like pork or turkey that you just throw in the oven. If it's a meat like that, then we cook frozen veggies. Yes, we're that bad/lazy/uncreative. But, it gets us cooking. The next step will be to actually make a dinner I put together. Until then, I'll let others help me out.

7 comments:

Twix said...

Hey I think you're headed on the right track! Eventually he will except meatloaf or chicken you make. My mil has told me how shocked she is seeing her son eat broccoli or salad, lol. :) Keep up the great work on the diet. You'll get there! Good luck on getting everything done. Have a great week!!

Irish Mom said...

I struggle as well with this. My husband hates grilled chicken (or even baked) and will only eat it if its professionally fried (like KFC). He is getting better, but it makes it so much more work for me!!

Anonymous said...

Every change helps! Sounds like hubby will be fully on board soon. Next stop, recipes!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Oh, I'm bad with prepared and frozen stuff, too. But this past weekend we went to the farmer's market and got some great stuff and I sorted through all of my Homemade Gourmet mixes to make some really yummy, healthy meals! My husband almost falls into a swoon when I do that, it happens so infrequently! ;-)
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO -- how can I torture him into old age ....

Sorry sometimes I just love the funny + stupid bits in blogs !!!

;-)

Anonymous said...

I loved your jesting line about the torture as THAT is my motivation :)

the sticking around----not the fitting into a particular size.

take care of YOU first and just blog if and when you can!

Le Butterfly said...

My husband and I were just talking today that we need to stop tempting each other.
We have just inherited a crockpot and I have no idea how to use it.