Monday, August 25, 2008

HYC check in

Weight and health wise...Im still at 205, which I consider great so far. I still am working on doing my plan of action, but some of it is not in action...just theory.

On a different front, I just switched advisors for the 3rd time (3rd new line of research as well...ugh), but I'm so excited about it. I've been doing stuff that wasn't my passion so the dissertation didn't seem do-able. Talk about a panick attack! But, now? Totally can see how it'll play out. You have NO idea how much that decreased my anxiety. I feel like I can start to focus on other things besides this terror of a degree...I feel like me a little again and that all the hard work will play out and will be much more pleasant. Dare I say that I can be happy in the moment? Possibly. Only time will tell :)

9 comments:

MargieAnne said...

Glad you have found a new way to look at your dissertation.

Getting rid of that stress should help a lot.

Blessings

Felicia said...

Moments are all we have so I say if its a happy one HANG ON TO IT!! Good luck to you. Sounds like you are really working a plan out for yourself.

Stress = evil thats for sure!!

Have a wonderful day!
*huggles*
=0)

Dr. Wifey said...

i found your blog through HYC...
what field are you studying? i just got my PhD in chemistry in december, so i know the stress of doing research and writing a dissertation. when i look back, that was the most stressful time of my life! even my hubby remembers how stressed out i was. that is also the time i gained the most weight ever. now i have a job i really like and i am dropping the pounds! 20 lbs since march!

Anonymous said...

3rd advisor?!?! goodness, girl. i am glad you found one you mesh with. :)

Lainie said...

I'm glad you're feeling good about this new direction and new advisor. Good luck with that and with your body journey (which is bound to benefit by being happy in other areas).

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Hooray on the decreased anxiety! Keep making healthy choices and definitely BE HAPPY! :-)
Path to Health

Irish Mom said...

You have just reminded me how much I hated school!! YUCK!!

I am glad you were able to make it work for you, you should be able to enjoy it.

K @ Running Through Life said...

Good luck on your new advisor and line of research!
Congrats on the 20 pounds and decrease in stress!

Le Butterfly said...

Hehehehe - I have been working my theory for a while - eventually it has to turn action right! Of course right!