Tuesday, August 5, 2008

HYC update

Update, or lack there of. I am finishing my summer session teaching (yay!). I haven't been good, and my digestive system/stomach is telling me so. So don't feel good. It's ok though, because soon I begin a liquid and mushy food diet (tonsils removed). I stocked up on jello, low fat ice cream (like 130 calories and 3 grams of fat, but oh so yummy. Actually prefer it to the regular kinds), peach snack packs, nutritional shakes (to make sure I get nutrients), etc. Oh, crap....I just realized that the sugar levels of all of these (besides the shakes) are through the roof. It's only for a week or two, so I should be ok, right? Some stuff I did get no sugar added though, so it won't be terrrible. I guess.

Exercise is coming back as soon as I feel better. My fall schedule is ok...at least better for working out...lots of unscheduled time for working on my own, but also I can squeeze in time to work out.

That's it for me.
------------------------------------------
Updated 8/6 per MizFits questioning :)
I will have MWFSS "off" (never time off in PhD school). So I plan to hit the gym MWF&Sat for at least 45 minutes. 30 of cardio and 15 of weights. It worked well for me in the past, so I figure why not stick to what I can do. If I feel like doing more...I'll do it. If not, 45 minutes will be enough.
I like to do eliptical (no shin splints...yay! also no hip or knee pain either...double yay!). I'm going to give myself a week or two of getting back into exercising, but after that I plan to do interval training. What I've done in the past is: after a 5 minute warm up I would do 1 minute as fast as I could then 1.5 minutes at a slow jog type of pace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful of the sugar, it can sneak up on you! Hoping you're feeling better soon!

Lainie said...

Good luck with the tonsils and the liquid diet. I recently went through the liquid diet thing when I had my braces put on (and I'm going to be a bit limited for a long time still).

Anonymous said...

for me my digestive system REBELS at the processed white (my mouth? she loves it :))

whats the plan for fall workout?

did I miss the specifics?

off to search---

Miz.