Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Resetting

One bonus to being sick...you kind of reset your appetite. Not just in that I didn't eat for 2 days and was queezy a little bit after, but more that it's like a fresh start. (now you get to see the sick inter workings of my mind!). I was in the habbit of over eating at every meal. That was squashed in a heartbeat. I also was in the habbit of snacking in between meals. How can you tell one meal apart from the other if you're constantly eating anyway? Food fest 09 has officially ended. The only problem is that after resetting it takes a lot of work to keep it there.

I over ate last night. And partially for lunch. Ugh. Because the food I had was so dang good! What was it? Seafood fondue. Brie, heavy creawm, crab meat, shrimp, butter, shallots. If you're mouth isn't watering then you hate dairy. Or shellfish. Or you're sick and wrong ;) Just kidding. But, why is it that I can't crave salad like this?

I think I just told a lie. But, I didn't realize it so I told a fooling myself story? There are three salads that are pretty darn good! But, it's rare, and one involves bacon dressing, one has french and ranch dressing mixed, and the other is an oriental one with sugar in the dressing. *sigh*

ANYWHO! So, back from ADHD land to the fondue. It's almost gone (I'll make my average sized hubby eat it!). And, I'll be continuing the stopping eating when I'm comfortable. Whoah, hold on, what? Yes, being sick made me discover what it was like to not be gorged full. Not bad :) I feel empowered. In a *sick* sort of way.

BTW, how "sick" is it that I'm getting better after having food poisoning? Weird, but hey...at least something, anything, good came out of being that ill!

Oh, and my friend finally called me yesterday. Life is good. Worry wart for nothing.

4 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

never had seafood fondue but i think i would LOVE it!

Felice Devine said...

Food fest 09. Ha!

That fondue sounds sooooo good.

NV said...

So glad your cloud had a silver lining and yes you can keep it up... no you can't be perfect (no-one can) but you can be better more of the time. Believe in you !!! :)

Felicia said...

What?!?! And I didn't get an invite to the seafood fondue pig out?? *sigh* We are so no longer friends *grin*. Girl I would have sat there and ate till the coma kicked in lol.

I miss salads *sigh* so far lettuce and I are still on no speaking to each other terms. BUT I have a "toppings" type salad daily LOL. Balsamic vinegar is my fav dressing. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMY

Have a great one!!
*huggles*
=0)