Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sleepy state blame

Late night sleeping issues are funny. It's all those darn infomercials. I usually am able to recognize that they rope you in using psychology techniques, but I blame it on the sleepy state. I got to watching one exercise one, and thought "hey, that could answer all my questions and wishes." Totally excited. Ready to shell out money. Then the next one came on. You guessed it. So, even with my training and many (too many) posts on the topic, even though I know better...I still am looking for the quick fix. At least I realized what was going on before moola was involved!!

I'm trying something new. It's all nmb's (at embrasing the weight loss journey) fault :) I joined the normal eating site in order to try to get a grip on a healthier relationship with food. Food logs and eating healthier foods works for some people - not denying that it does. But, I seem to have deeper roots - lets work on pulling them up one at a time!

In the mean time, I am working out with some tae bo and some bike riding with the hubby. Still moving in the right direction, just slow and steady. Slow and sure.

8 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

i admit i have fallen victim to those late night rip-offs! LOL

Tom Rooney said...

Rule #1! Don't ever watch an infomercial when you may be tired, hungry, angry, just got out of a relationship, just started a relationship or any time that you're awake. There isn't one of them that doesn't pitch a point that you say "hum, that seems right" until you doll out the cash for it.

Anonymous said...

Slow and steady is awesome! Great work!:)

Felicia said...

Roflmao I will NOT even tell you how much I have shelled out over the years on "this is the one" products. I could have probably taken a really nice cruise instead lol. Watching those things is like going grocery shopping hungry lol

Hope you have a great week!
*huggles*
=0)

Felice Devine said...

It happens to the best of us!!

Slow and sure is the best way to go :-)

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Slow and steady is the healthy way. Not giving up is the most important thing! :-)
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
This is Shellie, with Team Tae Bo, we would like to take the time to thank you for using Tae Bo. We wish you great success with your weight loss journey. We would like to send you a free t-shirt as our way of expressing our thanks and to encourage you during this time. Please email us at info@billyblanks.com We look forward to hearing from you soon. Have a blessed day.
Shellie

Anonymous said...

Hope the week is going fantastic!