Monday, June 16, 2008

10 Questions

In lieu of a "real" post, I decided to steal the questions from Ready to Shrink. Here it goes!

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was 20 years old, living in Grand Rapids, MI going to GVSU. I was with an ex of mine...we won't even go there.

2. What are 5 things on your To-Do List?
Finish my thesis/quals/disseration/graduate/get a "real" job
clean the house
win a million dollars
fit into a size 6
Make my hubby happy


3. Name some snacks that you enjoy:
tapioca* pudding (just switched from low fat to no fat low sugar...we'll see), strawberries (or any fruit besides any melons for that matter), I'm with RTS for sure too...chips** and salsa are my favorite. I also am getting into ranch rice cakes. They're not bad :)

4. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Pay off all my debt (student loans for PhD school after 6 years in undergrad and 3 years in masters = yowie!!); Give my dad money (in laws too) so that they don't have to worry about anything again; take a family vacation; Put money away; buy/build a house with 20+ acres in a more liberal area; Finish my PhD; hire a maid and a chef (most important :); maybe help some friends with their debt (if my hubby will let me...we won't go there either)

3. Bad habits you have?
I swear all the time and I have road rage. Oh, and unfortunately I blame my hubby for misplacing things, even when it's not his fault. In my defense, he is to blame @ 75-85% of the time!

6. Name 5 places that you've lived.
Wilson, MI; Gladstone, MI; Marquette, MI ; Wyoming, MI; (10 points if you know where any of the prior cities are!) and the current conservative town in TX. The hubby and I stayed in Newport News (Ft. Eustis), VA for a month and a week(him longer, but me with him for that). Does that count?

7. Name 5 jobs you've had.
Hostess, waitress, bartender, sales associate, college instructor (teaching assistant)

8. What is currently playing on your IPOD?
Lots of stuff. Here's five: Dixie Chicks, Rascal Flatts, Alicia Keys, Freaky Friday Soundtrack, Sublime.

9. List the last 5 books you've read:
It's been a while since I've read more than text books or articles. I really like Anne Rice or Dan Brown or Micheal Crichton. I also read the harry potter series. Still. Because I like to re-read it. Hey, it's simple and easy to follow...and I like that since school is hard enough.

10. Who do you want to tag? I don't tag, but anyone that's interested in doing it just leave a comment letting me know you did :)
--------------------------------
*updated: Yes, if you were reading before it did say tilapia pudding. Doesn't that sound good. (sarcasm doesn't reach through the computer, right?)
**updated: I also said that I liked "ships" and salsa. Man, I need a proof reader! I should definately write it in word. You'd never guess that I teach a writing intensive course, huh?

3 comments:

Irish Mom said...

I have a case of road rage as well, I am working on that... just stay out of that left lane!! lol. You have lived all over!! Thats awesome, I always wished had moved around more and seen a little more of the country.

Fairy Princess said...

Mmmmmm chips & salsa.

Anonymous said...

Dear Diana,

Just wanted to let you know that I have just quoted you in my latest blog, basically quoting some of the best comments from my readers.

I hope you don't mind but I was especially bowled over by readers such as yourself who made reference to my writing skills.

Your comment of 16 June 2008 now appears in my latest blog today:

http://goodbyetoallfat.blogspot.com/2008/06/what-my-readers-say.html

If you object to me using your comment in this self-publicising way, just let me know, either in a comment or e-mail and I will remove yours and leave the others.

Thanks + best wishes,
Sharon