Thursday, June 19, 2008

Food and exercise

I've been working hard and trying to stay on track. It's really difficult to not eat bad foods...but wow...the new blog (link -->) just about counting calories really helps! I've managed to not "cheat"...and it's been difficult. I even went out to eat today and didn't get bad foods. And, this is to a place that I usually have the WORST foods. One drawback...I've found out that my healthy quesadilla I eat at home all the time actually has more fat grams than I realized. This is why counting really can help. It's something I really need right now...at least until I stop craving bad foods from the golden arches!

I need to shake up my foods. I'm just trying to stay within 1800 calories for the day with 30% fat or less (so @ 60g of fat). Does anyone have any really great recipies or food ideas that are healthy but oh so good? Mine is from the WW cookbook.
Take white (or any kind really) onions and 3 bell peppers (I like to have yellow and orange) cut into strips and sautee them with chicken stalk. Add hot italian turkey sausage until cooked through. Add garlic and you'll be good to go (it calls for crushed red hot peppers, but it's too hot for me that way!). Super easy, and super yuuuuuumy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cheering you one.

wanted to delurk to say Ive a buncha recipes on site (mainly on thursdays in the archives as thats guest chef day at MizFit).

you have personal cheerleaders youre not even aware of---remember that!

Miz

Irish Mom said...

Yum! Yum! I'll have to try!!

Tony said...

The hardest part about weight loss for me is definitely the cheating factor. One thing that has really helped me is to not really think of eating those junk foods that you love as "cheating". For me, the more guilty I am over eating something unhealthy, the more I binge. Now, if I am really craving a cookie, I have it, count the calories and don't feel bad about it. It's really helped for the most part. I still mess up, but it's much easier to get back on track. Anyway, congratulations on your first ten pounds. I'm not much of a cook, but I really like frozen grapes as an idea for a healthy food.